Deputy Director General
Article 1. The Department of Social Assistance is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the responsibilities and duties to assist the Minister in execution of the state management role in the area of the elderly, the disabled, supporting the social-assistance needed groups, poverty elimination on the whole country as specified by laws.
The official name for international co-operation of the Department is The Department of Social Assistance, and its short form is DSA.
Article 2. The Department of Social Assistance has the following duties
1. Carrying out research activities and submitting to the Ministry:
a) Draft laws, ordinances and other legal documents on the elderly, the disabled, on providing assistance to social-assistance needed groups and poverty elimination;
b) Strategies, programs, long-term and annual plans, projects and planning in the area of the elderly, the disabled, providing assistance to social-assistance needed groups and poverty elimination;
c) Scheme and policies on:
- Assistance policies to the elderly and the disabled.
- Assistance policies to social-assistance needed groups.
- Assistance policies to the poor and low income groups.
d) State management of the public service activities: Standards, procedures, criteria, economic-technical criteria applied to activities of public services in areas of social assistance.
e) Solutions on implementation of social assistance programs in social assistance area.
f) Providing guidelines on planning, establishment and operation of grass-root social assistance center and centers which provide social services and works within responsible areas.
g) Providing guidelines on receiving social assistance needed subjects in the social assistance center and from the social assistance center to family.
2. Providing guidelines, monitoring and organizing the implementation of the law’s regulations on the work of the elderly, the disabled, supporting the social assistance needed groups and poverty reduction.
3. Organizing statistic activities and building data base on the disabled, the elderly and the assistance-needed groups.
4. Being the coordinator to assist the Ministry in implementation of the medical activities, orthopedics and functional rehabilitation within the field of labour, national devotees and social affairs in accordance with the regulation of law.
5. Taking part in communication, education activities on related legislation area, coordinating activities of information collection and assessment of movements, models, best practices in supporting activities to the elderly, the disabled, dis-advantage groups and poverty reduction.
6. Taking part in research works on setting up policies and regimes applied to government officials and public servants within responsible areas.
7. Coordinating and cooperating with the Department of Organization and Personnel to construct list of jobs and positions, standards & professional criteria of staff and staff classification, organization/ personnel structure of state-owned functional units, policies in the field of social assistance.
8. Assisting the Ministry to exercise the role of state management to associations, NGOs operating in the field assigned by the regulation.
9. Carrying out international cooperation activities and research works, taking part in professional training on social work and in the area of the elderly, the disabled, dis-advantaged groups and poverty reduction as assigned by the Ministry.
10. Collecting data and making periodical & incidental reports on social assistance, medical operation, orthopeadics and functional rehabilitations under the Ministry’s responsibilities.
11. Managing staffs, physical resources and finance as specified by legislation and the Ministry.
12. Performing any tasks requested by the Minister.
Article 3. Organization of the Department of Social Assistance
1. The Department has a Director General and not over 03 Deputy Directors General.
2. The functional divisions include:
- Division of Social Protection Policies;
- Division of Ad-hoc assistance
- Division of Social Work;
- Division of Labour – Social Affairs Medical (transferred from the Department of Planning and Finance)
- Department Office;
- Division of Planning and Finance;
3. Office of National Committee for Persons with Disabilities in Vietnam is the focal point of the Ministry in implementing the permanent duties of National Committee for Persons with Disabilities in Vietnam. Director General of the Department of Social Assistance will concurrently be the Chief of the Office.
Article 4. The Department Director General’s duties include setting up and execution of the working & working relation regulations of the Department; specifying roles and duties of the functional sections; managing and specifying tasks and works within the staff to ensure the completion of the assigned duties and tasks.
Article 5. The Department of Social Assistance has its own seal and account in accordance with the regulation of law.
Article 6. This decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Ministry’s Decision No. 1268/QD-LDTBXH dated 30 August 2013 on stipulating on the function, duties, authorities and organization structure of the Department of Social Assistance.
Article 7. The Chief of the Ministry Office, The Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization, the Director General of the Department of Planning - Finance, the Director General of the Department of Social Assistance and heads of the related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.