Telephone: (84-4)39746 362
Deputy Director General
On Role, Responsibility, Duty, Authority and Organization of
The Directorate of Vocational Education
of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated 19th June 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Vocational Education dated November 27th, 2014;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of the Government, dated 01st September 2016, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP of the Government, dated 17th February 2017, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
The Prime Minister of the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam issues decision stipulating the role, responsibility, duty, authority and organization structure of the Directorate of Vocational Education of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
Article 1. Scope and Functions
1. The Directorate of Vocational Education is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, executing the consulting role to assist the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs to exercise the State management role and to organize the law enforcement in vocational education area (excluding pedagogy) on the whole country; managing, implement the public service on vocational education in accordance with the authorities assigned by regulation of law.
2. The Directorate of Vocational Education is an independent legal entity, with the National Emblem shape seal, has its own account at the State Treasury.
Article 2. Duty and Authority
1. Submitting to the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs for issuance in accordance with the authorities or submitting to the State’s authorities for consideration and approval:
a) Draft laws, draft resolutions of the National Assembly; draft ordinances and resolutions of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly; draft resolutions and draft decrees of the Government; draft decision of the Prime Minister; draft of circular, decision of the Minister of Labour – Invalids and Social Affairs;
b) Strategies, planning programs, five-year and annual plans of vocational education; national technical standard, professional economic – technical norms in the field of vocational education; national professional skills standard.
2. Assisting the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs to direct, provide guideline and organize the implementation of the legal documents, policies, strategies, plan, project, national objective program, objective program and the schemes, projects in the field of vocational education.
3. Issuing - in line with the Directorate’s scope of power and authority - documents which provide professional guidelines on vocational education.
4. Managing the vocational education level of the National frame of vocational education level; implementing the reference with the reference frame of the qualification in ASEAN region and other countries’ frame of the qualification.
5. On official vocational training:
a) Management of list of training occupations in the level of college, high school; heavy and hazardous professions; professions which are difficult to enroll are required by the society; professions permitted to cooperate and invest with foreign partners in the field of vocational education and profession which businesses have to employ skilled labourers after vocational education;
b) Building the minimum knowledge for each level of training and each profession training, requirement on capacity which trainee should achieve after graduated with each level training of vocational education;
c) Providing the guideline on the implementation of the procedure of building, examination, issuance the training program of elementary, immediately, college level;
d) Monitoring the implementation of the yearly training program, or training program based on module or credits accumulation;
e) Providing guidelines to and monitoring training institutions in drafting, evaluating, approving and using the program, training curriculums; providing guidelines and monitoring over the application of vocational training programs of foreign countries; monitoring the registration of vocational training activities, trainee enrollment, carrying out vocational exams & tests and issuing vocational certificates, acknowledgement of graduation; monitoring activities of vocational training institutions in certificate grant, issue of training certificates of foreign training programs, the inter-institutional training programs among vocational training institutions; building the criteria, standards and organization to conduct the assessment and recognition of high quality institutions.
6. On continuing vocational training activities:
a) Providing guidelines on building, managing the list of professions in continuing vocational training activities;
b) Providing guidelines on detailed conditions and procedures on conducting continuing vocational training courses as the requirement of trainees; the training program for updating, improving professional knowledge and skills; training program based on the type of instruction; crafting, apprentice; technical transforming program; other training program with the duration below 3 months; the training program to get the certification of college, immediately and elementary certification in the kind of learning by doing, distance learning, learnt by themselves with the instruction and training, improving capacity of professional skill; apprenticeship in enterprises;
c) Organizing implementation of continuing vocational training, vocational training to rural workers and trainees, vocational training in businesses; implementation of the policies support for rural workers, disabilities, minority ethnic people, female labour and other policies beneficiaries in accordance with the regulation.
7. On lecturers, teachers and managerial staff of vocational education area
a) Coordinating, building the standards on the professional skill, criteria of the professional titles of lecturers and managerial staff of vocational education at all level;
b) Building and organizing implementation of training programs on professional, pedagogical and vocational skills serving for practice training applied to teachers, lecturers and managerial staff according to their competence. Managing and organizing the training and fostering of lecturers and professional education managers, people instructing the continuing training programs.
c) Providing the guideline the recruitment of the vocational education officials; implementing the regime, policies, standard professional skills of lecturers, leaders of the vocational education institution; implementing the statute of evaluation of vocational education officials.
d) Conducting the exams/ test of skill level upgrade for teachers, lecturers and managerial staff of vocational education area in line with authorities.
e) Providing the guideline on organizing the vocational education festivals at all level, organizing the national vocational education festivals.
8. On vocational trainees and students
a) Providing guidelines to and monitoring the application of student management regulations & activities of social evil prevention to create a healthy environment in training institutions; carrying out education activities to build good political & cultural ideology among students, creating good ways of life, education of physical strength, medical care, emulation and reward in the vocational education institution;
b) Implementing the credit policies for trainees and students, state-funded scholarship; Monitoring the implementation of tuition fee, tuition fee exemption policy, vocational training expenses support and other policies for the trainees.
c) Managing the operation of science researching, occupational consultation & orientation, start up for the trainees in the institutions;
d) Providing the guideline on the implementation of national defend – security education for trainees, students in the institutions. Periodically, conducting national movements of cultural and sports competition.
9. On physical assets, training equipment & facilities:
a) Setting up economic – technical criteria of vocational training for each profession in line with the training level and key occupations. Providing guidelines to and monitoring the application of physical asset standards; list of minimum training equipment & facilities at training institutions; material & equipment consumption in the training process for each occupations in line with each training level;
b) Implementing the reception and application of standards and criteria of physical asset, training materials and aids from the transforming program of foreign countries.
c) Providing guideline to organize festivals self-made training materials & aids at all levels; national festivals of self-made vocational training equipment.
10. On accreditation of vocational education quality
a) Providing guidelines and managing the implementation of regulations on assessment of the quality of vocational education activities;
b) Managing and organizing the assessment over vocational training quality
c) Building and providing guideline to implement the system ensuring the quality of vocational education; quality self assessment of the vocational education institution;
d) Training, improving professional skill for inspector; managing, coordinating the team of inspectors of vocational education quality;
e) Receiving profile and providing guidelines for set up, organization and activities of vocational training quality validation centers and for individual founders of these centers; acknowledging competent foreign organizations which are authorized to conduct assessment and validation of foreign vocational training programs implemented in Vietnam.
f) Building the frame ensuring the national vocational education quality with reference to the qualification of ASEAN area and World’s qualification.
11. On Assessment, issuance National occupational skill certificate
a) Managing the frame of national occupational skill and system of national occupational skill standards, and acknowledgement occupational skills between the countries.
b) Providing guidelines to set up and issuance of the national occupational skill standards for individual occupations; updating, reviewing & revising national standards of occupational skills for specific periods; providing guidelines for application of ASEAN & international occupational skills in Vietnam.
c) Organizing to compile the tests and exams for national occupational skill assessment; making the list of facilities, equipments for national occupational skill assessment of individuals occupation; setting up and managing the bank of the tests and exams for national occupational skill;
d) Conducting professional training and skill upgrade courses to evaluators, specialists who prepare and validate standards of national occupational skills and tests & exams to validate skill levels; issuing and withdrawal of certificates of national validators and managing, .
e) Building the plan, directing the deployment of the evaluation, issuance the national skill certificates; implementation of issuance the national occupational skill certificates and issuing, withdrawing the operational certificates for the activities of evaluation, issuance the national occupational skill certificates;
f) Setting up and managing database on assessment and issuance of national occupational skill certificates.
g) Managing the list and recommending the occupations harm for safety health of individuals and community required to have the national occupational skill certificate.
12. Monitoring and conducting research works, application of science and technology in vocational education area.
13. Conducting international cooperation in vocation education field in line with laws and as authorized by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
14. Conducting activities of statistics, information and building a data base of vocational education area.
15. Providing guidelines on the occupational skills exams at all levels, conducting national exams of occupational skills; arranging for students of Vietnam to attend the ASEAN and international festivals of occupational skills.
16. Carrying out communication, propaganda and education activities on laws and regulations in the areas of responsibilities.
17. Monitoring the foundation, merger, split, temporary suspension of operation, dissolve, rename of vocational training institutions; Joint venture and joint cooperation with foreign partners; Registration for vocational education; Setting up representative offices of foreign-based vocational training organizations in Vietnam; The establishment of vocational education pedagogy faculty under the colleges; The recognition, not recognition of private and foreign invested private college principals. Organizing the establishment of colleges; Registration of vocational education activities and registration for cooperation in training activities with foreign partners of colleges and university of vocational education; Recognizing the board of private and foreign invested training institutions.
18. On inspection and audit, settlement of claim & condemnation;
a) Conducting inspection activities on vocational education. Organizing implementation of inspection and process the violations in the vocational education area and national occupational skills assessment in accordance with the regulation;
b) Settlement of claims and condemnations in vocational education area within given authority. Implementation of inspection, auditing, settlement of administrative violations in vocational education area and national occupational skills assessment in accordance with the regulation.
19. Managing the organization, personnel, implementation of salary schemes and other regimes, policies applied to personnel; emulation and reward within the responsible scope of the Vocational Education field, in line with laws and as authorized by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
20. Managing approved finance sources and assets and approved budget in line with laws.
21. Executing the administrative reform in vocational education area as authorized by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
22. Performing any other tasks assigned by the Minster of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs and in line with related laws.
Article 3 - Organization
1. Department of Formal Vocational Training;
2. Department of Continuing Vocational Training;
3. Department of Teachers;
4. Department of Physical Assets & Training Equipment;
5. Department of Student Affairs;
6. Department of Occupational Skills;
7. Department of Personnel & Organization;
8. Department of Planning & Finance;
9. Department of Legal Affairs - Inspectorate;
10. The Directorate Office;
11. Department for Training Quality Evaluation;
12. The Research Institute of Vocational Training Science
The organizations from points (1) to (11) of this Article are units which assist the General Director in performing the state management role; the organization of point (12) of this Article is a state-owned functional unit.
The Director General of the Directorate of Vocational Education regulates functions, duties, authorities and organization of the units within the Directorate.
The Directorate Office has 04 sections, Department for Training Quality Evaluation has 04 sections.
Article 4 - Leaders of the Directorate
1. The Directorate has one Director General and not more than 04 Deputy Directors General.
2. The Director General and Deputy Directors are nominated and appointed, dismissed and moved by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs and in line with laws.
3. The Director General is responsible to the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs and to the laws for all activities of the Directorate of Vocational Education. The Deputy Directors are responsible to the Director General and to the laws for their responsible areas.
Article 5. Force and execution responsibilities
1. This Decision comes into force from the 21th August 2017 and supersedes the Decision No. 43/2013/QD-TTg dated 16th July 2013 of the Prime Minister stipulating functions, roles, authorities and organization of the Directorate of Vocational Training of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
2. The Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, Ministers and heads of ministerial-level offices, heads of Government offices, Chairmen of the People's Committees of provinces, Chairmen of cities of central level and the Director General of the Directorate of Vocational Education are responsible to implement this Decision.