Deputy Director General
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated 19th June 2015;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of the Government, dated 01st September 2016, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP of the Government, dated 17th February 2017, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization
Article 1. The Department of Child Affairs is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the responsibilities and duties to assist the Minister in execution of the state management role in the area of child affairs.
The Department’s official name in English for international transaction is Department of Child Affairs, and in the short form is DCA.
Article 2. The Department of Child Affairs has the following duties
1. Carrying out research activities and submitting to the Ministry as assigned:
a) Draft laws, draft ordinances and other legal documents in the area of child affairs;
b) Strategies, programs, long-term, mid-term & annual plans, projects and planning on child affairs;
c) Regimes, policies and preventive solutions for child care; ensuring the implementation of the rights of children; refraining children from joining vulnerable groups; policies and preventive solutions to protect children from accidents and injuries.
d) Operation management of the public service delivery; Preparation of planning and provide guidance for planning activities of child care & protection system as authorized.
e) Providing detailed conditions for set up, organization and activities of institutions involving in child care & protection area.
f) Preparing criteria, procedures & processes and technical-economic standards applied to the field of child affairs.
g) Participating comments by document on the issues relating to children submit to the drafting board of the Law project, Ordinance, Draft of Resolution of National Assembly, Standing Committee of NA and other legal documents; Suggestion of the mainstreaming the target, indicators on children when building the project of socio- economic development of nation, sectors, localities.
h) Preparing procedures for caring and fostering children in special circumstances.
2. Providing guidance, monitoring and conducting legal procedures on child affairs field in the responsibilities of the Ministry.
3. Directing the implementation of the duties on National Hotline for child protection.
4. Conducting activities of statistics and data base foundation for children affairs areas.
5. Assisting the Ministry in coordinating the implementation of the children’s rights.
6. Being the focal point, and in collaboration with concerned institutions to plan and implement the National Actions Program for Children, Programme on children affairs, the National Child Forum, the National Month of Actions for Children, and other children-related activities, plans, projects for implementing children’s rights.
7. Being the focal point, and in collaboration with concerned institutions to provide guidance management and use of local children protection funds.
8. Being the coordinating agency, and in collaboration with other units of MOLISA, with mass politic-social organizations, to monitor and provide assessment activities over implementation of international Treaties and Conventions on child affairs, which the Government of Vietnam has ratified or being a signed.
9. Being the coordinator, and in collaboration with the Department of Personnel & Organization to build lists of work positions, standards of careers applied to officials and public servants of the area; preparing job description, requirements of number of staff, organization of officials and staff of functional units operating in the area of child affairs, as authorized by the Ministry.
10. Assisting the Ministry in managing associations, NGOs operating in the child affairs area, as stipulated by laws.
11. Collaborating with the units under the Ministry, sector and other organizations in monitoring, inspecting, settling the complaint, denunciations and process the violence in implementation of children’s right as accordance with the regulation.
12. Participating in communication, and education on children’s Law; communication, dissemination of knowledge, skills and social mobilization on implementation of the right of children; chairing of reviewing, evaluating, replicating the movement, model of child protection and the implementation of children’s right.
13. Conducting international cooperation activities, participating in scientific research works, in training activities in child care & protection area as authorized by the Ministry.
14. Preparing term, accidental and synergy reports on activities of child care & protection.
15. Managing public servants, employees, and financial & physical resources the department as specified by the Ministry and by laws.
16. Performing any tasks assigned by the Ministry.
Article 3.Organization of the Department of Child Care & Protection
1. The Department has a General Director and not over 03 Deputy Directors;
2. Functional sections and supporting units include:
a) Section of Child Protection;
b) Section of Child Care;
c) Section for Child Participation and Development;
d) Section of Planning and Synergy;
e) Section of Finance & Accounting;
f) Office of the Department;
g) Center for Consulting Services & Communication (Public service unit).
Article 4. The General Director of the Department is responsible for issuance and implementation of the Department’s Working Regulation which stipulates functions, duties of the Department's units; responsible for arrangement and assignment of roles and duties to Department's staff so as all the duties and functions of the Department are properly performed.
Article 5. The Department has its own seal and account and performs as an independent legal entity.
Article 6. This decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Decision No. 909/QD-LDTBXH dated 20 June 2013 of the Minister of Labour – Invalids and Social Affairs, which stipulates roles, duties, responsibilities and organization structure of the Department of Child Care and Protection.
Article 7. The Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization, the Director General the Department of Planning - Finance, the Director General of the Department of Child Affairs and Heads of the related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.