Deputy Director General
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated 19th June 2015;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of the Government, dated 01st September 2016, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP of the Government, dated 17th February 2017, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization
Article 1. The Department of Employment is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the responsibilities and duties to assist the Minister in execution of state management role in the area of employment, support creating employment, employment market information; organize and operate the employment service and unemployment insurance as specified by laws.
The official name of the Department for international transaction in English is the Department of Employment, in short form is DOE.
Article 2. The Department of Employment has the following duties:
1. Carrying out research activities and submitting to the Ministry:
a) Draft laws, draft ordinances & other legal documents on employment, support creating employment, employment market information; organize and operate the employment service and unemployment insurance, recruitment and management labour in Vietnam;
b) Strategies, programs, projections, annual & long-term plans, projects on employment, policies for employment market development, employment service, unemployment insurance, recruitment and management labour in Vietnam;
c) State management of the public service; standards and norms, processes, economic-technical criteria applied to provision activities of public services in the employment areas.
d) On employment:
- Targets and applicable solutions for new job creation;
- Policies for job creation in businesses: credit policies preferential creating employment; policies support to moving employment with labour in rural areas; policies on public employment and other support policies;
- Policies on settlement of employment creation to the disabled, women, household workers, migrant workers, agricultural workers whose land is re-collected, moving workers - workers of minority groups of mountainous regions, of specially-difficult regions, of regions under impacts of climate changes and other natural phenomenon as specified by laws;
- Policies on employment, solution of management, coordination applied for migrant labour issues;
- Guiding on management and using National Fund on Employment.
e) On employment market information, organizing and operating of employment service:
- Providing the guideline on collecting, archiving, summarizing, analyzing, forecasting, announcing the labour market information under the responsibilities of the Ministry;
- Statute of management, exploitation and public the labour market information;
- Policies for employment market development;
- Planning and providing guidelines for planning of employment service networking as assigned authorities; establishing, organizing and operating of the employment service entities in accordance with law.
f) On unemployment insurance:
- Applicable regimes and policies on unemployment insurance;
- Networking for implementation of unemployment insurance;
- Providing guideline on the regulation of unemployment insurance.
g) On recruitment and management of labour:
- Providing guideline on the recruitment and management of the labour working in Vietnam.
- Providing guideline on the implementation of regulation on management of Vietnamese labour; management of foreign labour working in Vietnam.
2. Providing guidelines and monitoring the enforcement of legal regulations on employment, support creating employment, employment market information, organizing and operating employment service entities, unemployment insurance, recruitment and management of labour in Vietnam.
3. Building up the information network and database on labour market; implementing the surveys, statistic, analytic, forecast employment market; collecting, filing and building database and providing employment market information.
4. Participating in activities of related legal communication & education; leading activities of collecting information & evaluation on best practices and examples of job creation, labour market information, organizing and operating employment service entities, unemployment insurance, recruitment and management labour in Vietnam.
5. Participating in research works for setting up regimes and policies applicable to officials, civil servants and public servants within assigned areas.
6. Leading and cooperating with the Department of Personnel and Organization to set up list of working positions, list of professional criteria and occupational positions & names, providing guidelines on job positions, required number of jobs and positions, structures of public servants of state-owned businesses operating in employment area, as assigned by the Ministry.
7. Support the Ministry managing the association and Non-Government Organization operating in the field of employment as assigned by the Ministry.
8. Performing international activities as assigned by the Ministry.
9. Participating in research works & in training activities to officials, civil servants and public servants on employment on the field of employment as assigned by the Ministry.
10. Collecting data and making periodical & incidental reports on employment, employment creation, employment market information, organizing and operating the employment service entities, unemployment insurance, recruitment and management of labour working in Vietnam.
11. Managing civil servants & public servants, physical and financial resources as specified by laws assigned by the Ministry.
12. Performing any other tasks requested by the Minister.
Article 3. Organization structure of the Department of Employment:
1. The Department has a Director General and not over 03 Deputy Directors General.
2. Functional sections and sub unit include:
- Section of Employment Policies;
- Section of Employment Market;
- Section of Unemployment Insurance;
- Section of Foreign Workers Management;
- Section of Finance & Accounting;
- Department Office; and
- National Center of Employment Services (state-owned business unit).
Article 4. The Department’s Director General is responsible for setting up and execution of the working & working relation regulations of the Department; specifying roles and duties of the functional sections; arranging and clarifying duties to individual officials, civil servants and public servants of the Department so as the assigned duties and responsibilities of the Department; building, submitting to the Minister the stipulation of functions, duties, authorities and structural organization of the public service units under the Department.
Article 5. The Department of Employment has its own legal status, seal & account.
Article 6. This Decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Decision no. 517/QD-LDTBXH dated 28 March 2013 of the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, which stipulates the functions, duties, authorities & organization structure of the Department of Employment.
Article 7. The Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department of Organization & Personnel, the Director General of the Department of Planning-Finance, the Director General of the Department of Employment and heads of related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.