Telephone: (84-4) 39.362915
Deputy Director General
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated 19th June 2015;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of the Government, dated 01st September 2016, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP of the Government, dated 17th February 2017, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization
Article 1. The Department of Gender Equality is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the responsibilities and duties to assist the Minister in execution of the state management role in the area of gender equality in the whole country as specified by laws.
Article 2. The Department of Gender Equality has the following duties:
1. Carrying out research works and submitting to the Ministry for approval of:
a) Draft laws, ordinances and legal documents on gender equality;
b) Strategies, programs, long-term & annual plans, projects and programs of National Objectives in the area of gender equality;
c) Schemes and policies for elimination of gender discrimination, creating equal opportunities for all genders in socio-economic development;
d) Measures for promotion of gender equality in the fields of politics, economy, labour, education, culture and sports, tourism, health, family and other fields;
2. Providing orientation & guidelines and monitoring the execution of the State’s and Ministry’s regulations on gender equality as assigned by the Ministry.
3. Participating in evaluation of the gender equality integration in processes of legal document preparation.
4. Participating in statistic and communication activities related to gender equality.
5. Supporting the Ministry in implementation of The UN Convention on Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW).
6. Being the focal point for all co-operation activities in the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) in review of implementation of Beijing Declaration and Platform for Actions; Being the member of APEC Policies Stakeholders Group on issues of women & economy; participating in maintaining and coordinating activities of Gender GAP group in Vietnam; implementing other international cooperation activities as assigned by the Ministry.
7. Involving in scientific research activities in gender equality area, in communication and propaganda activities of policies and laws, participating in training in the field of gender equality.
8. Monitoring, compiling and evaluating, making periodical and incidental reports on gender equality;
9. Managing staff, physical & financial resources as specified by laws and assigned by the Ministry.
10. Performing any tasks requested by the Minister.
Article 3 - The Department of Gender Equality has a Director General, not over 03 Deputy Directors and a number of staff members.
The Department Director General 's duties include setting up and responsible for execution of the working relation regulations of the Department; specifying roles and duties of the functional sections; managing and specifying tasks and works within the staff members to ensure the proper completion of the assigned duties and tasks.
Article 4. This decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Decision No. 798/QĐ-LĐTBXH dated 23rd May, 2013 of the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
Article 5. The Chief of the Ministry Office, the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization, the Director General of the Department of Gender Equality and heads of the related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.
Signed and sealed
Dao Ngoc Dung