Deputy Director General
Telephone: (84-4) 39369111
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated 19th June 2015;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of the Government, dated 01st September 2016, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP of the Government, dated 17th February 2017, which stipulates roles, duties, authorities and organization structures of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization
Article 1. The Department of Social Insurance is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the responsibilities and duties to assist the Minister in execution of the state management role in the area of social insurance (including compulsory & voluntary social insurances and other types of social insurance) in the whole country and as specified by laws.
Article 2. The Department of Social Insurance has the following duties:
1. Carrying out research works and submitting to the Ministry:
a) Draft laws, ordinances and other legal documents on social insurance;
b) Strategies, programs, annual & long-term plans, projects and planning on social insurance; target of developing objects participating social insurance;
c) Schemes, policies and legal documents on compulsory social insurance, voluntary social insurance and other types of social insurance in accordance with Law on Social Insurance.
d) Setting up regulations of social insurance information collection and reporting.
2. Providing guidelines and monitoring the execution and enforcement of the State's and the Ministry's policies and regulations on social insurance.
3. Performing international cooperation activities as assigned by the Ministry.
4. Carrying out research works, participating in legal communication and education in the area of social insurance as assigned by the Ministry.
5. Carrying out training activities in the area of social insurance in accordance with the Law and assigned by the Ministry.
6. Collecting data and making periodical & incidental reports on social insurance.
7. Managing public servants, civil servants, physical & financial resources as specified by laws and the Ministry.
8. Performing any tasks requested by the Ministry.
Article 3. The Department has a Director General, not over 03 Deputy Directors and a number of staff members.
The Department Director General is responsible for set up and execution of the working & working relation regulations of the Department; arranging and classifying roles and duties the civil servants so as the Department’s roles and functions are properly performed.
Article 4. This Decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Decision no. 283/QD-LDTBXH, dated 05 February 2013 of the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, which stipulates functions, duties, authorities & organization structure of the Department of Social Insurance.
Article 5. The Chief of the Ministry Office, The Director General of the Department of Organization & Personnel, the Director the Department of Planning - Finance, the Director General of the Department of Social Insurance and heads of related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.